As Alex Smith returns as an NFL starter, and prepares for a primetime Thanksgiving meeting with the Dallas Cowboys, we revisit his remarkable comeback story.
TGS 358 - Wither Wentz, Hail Murray & Boomin' Bass
Will, Liam and Simon are joined by Super Bowl-winning head coach Brian Billick to dig into Week 10 in the NFL, plus Coach Billick's MVP tip and great forgotten plays.
Talking with Tomlin
As the Steelers march on to 9-0, Neil Reynolds digs into his old notebooks and the best of a memorable chat with head coach Mike Tomlin.
Fight The Power
As the NFL posits a possible 16-team playoff for COVID-affected 2020, we revisit the last decade where such a plan was implemented - and a current headline-maker loomed in a bit part.
TGS 357 - Brian Flores, Mouthguards & LA Hotseats
Will, Liam and Olly dig into the stories of the weekend, including whether Lamar Jackson can ever win the big game, and whether time is up for Jimmy G in San Fran and Anthony Lynn in LA.
GRIDIRON ISSUE LVIII
Gridiron Issue LVIII, which is out on December 4, features:
- Neil Reynolds speaks to Eric Ebron about the 2020 Steelers and their quest for a seventh Lombardi Trophy.
- Craig Llewellyn tells the story of Pittsburgh’s glorious run during the 1970s with insight from Hall of Famers Terry Bradshaw and ‘Mean’ Joe Greene.
- Two-time Super Bowl winner Max Starks reveals to Liam Blackburn what playing under Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin was like.
- In The Playbook, Rob Ryan explains the Baltimore Ravens’ defense and the philosophy of his former colleague Don ‘Wink’ Martindale.
- And Simon Clancy looks at the ‘Fifth Down Game’ 30 years on in his latest College Campus column.