Taking it on the chin
Saquon Barkley was the best running back prospect to enter the NFL since Adrian Peterson left Oklahoma in 2007, and the boy from the Bronx won't lack the fight to come back from his Week 2 injury.
TGS 351 - QBs, Injuries & Onside Kicks
Matthew Sherry, Will Gavin, Simon Clancy, Kalyn Kahler and Brian Billick review the good, bad and downright ugly of a week like no other in the NFL.
Are the Arizona Cardinals poised to gatecrash the NFL's elite? We delve deep on one of 2020's dark horses - with the help of some star players.
TGS 350 - Bellyaches with Brian Billick
Matthew Sherry, Will Gavin, Simon Clancy and Kalyn Kahler pick the bones out of the Week 1 NFL action, while Super Bowl-winning HC Brian Billick checks in for the first of a new weekly segment!
Deshaun Watson may not have been on the winning side in the 2020 NFL opener, but he already has a touchdown and a new contract under his belt — and is a thoroughly nice bloke to boot.
GRIDIRON ISSUE LV
Gridiron Issue LV, a NFL kickoff special, features:
- A look at Tom Brady’s move to the Tampa Bay, featuring exclusive insights from Bruce Arians, Brian Baldinger and Scott Pioli
- Simon Clancy looks at the history of all-time great players synonymous with one team moving elsewhere
- Liam Blackburn analyses the difficulty of replacing a legend by chatting to Dan Marino’s successor Jay Fiedler and Shawn Halloran, who replaced Doug Flutie at Boston College
- In our new section, The Playbook, Pro Football Focus check in with an All-Breakout Team, Jeff Reinebold discusses Cam Newton’s fit in New England and Tom Kislingbury assesses whether Colin Kaepernick’s play warrants another chance
- In his G.O.A.T’s series, Mike Carlson remembers the finest head coaches in every AFC club’s history
- College Campus returns with a special report on how a curtailed/cancelled campaign will impact the 2021 draft